To begin your membership, you must agree to these terms and conditions.
NOTE: YOU ARE CONCLUDING A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT
The mission of iLaw, Inc. is to enable professionals to be more productive and successful. To achieve our Mission, our services are available through our website and listserv, to help you and other professionals consult, collaborate, exchange ideas, learn, make deals, find opportunities or employees, work, and make decisions in a network of confidential, trusted relationships.
B. Scope and Intent
2. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
A. Applicable laws and this Agreement
You must comply with all applicable laws, the Agreement, as may be amended from time to time with or without advance notice, and the policies and processes explained herein.
iLaw, Inc. is a discreet professional consulting consortium for attorneys and, as such, you agree to maintain the confidential nature of the content and respect others privacy and confidentiality.
C. Service Eligibility
To be eligible to use the Service, you must (1) be a practicing attorney in good standing; (2) are 18 years of age or older; (3) are not currently restricted from the Service, or not otherwise prohibited from participating; (4) are not a competitor of iLaw, Inc. or are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with iLaw, Inc.; (5) will only maintain one iLaw email at any given time; (6) have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party; (7) will not violate any rights of iLaw, Inc., including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and (8) agree to provide, at your cost, all equipment, software, and internet access necessary to use the Services.
You indemnify us and hold us harmless for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) related to all third party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by (1) your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (2) any content you submit to the Services, and (3) any activity in which you engage on or through iLaw, Inc.
E. Notify us of acts contrary to the Agreement
If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement under any mandatory law, you agree to provide us with detailed and substantiated explanation of your reasons, in writing, at least 30 days before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation, though we are under no obligation to do so.
3. YOUR RIGHTS
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under this Agreement, we grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonassignable, nonsublicenseable right to access, through a generally available email service, web browser or mobile device or application (but not through scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without the express written consent of iLaw, Inc.), view information and use the Services that we provide on iLaw, Inc. webpages and in accordance with this Agreement. Any other use of iLaw, Inc. contrary to our mission and purpose (such as using information gathered from iLaw, Inc. commercially unless expressly authorized by iLaw, Inc.) is strictly prohibited and a violation of this Agreement. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in iLaw, Inc. and all related items.
4. OUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
A. Services Availability
For as long as iLaw, Inc. continues to offer Services, iLaw, Inc. shall provide and seek to update, improve and expand the Services. As a result, we allow you to access iLaw, Inc. as it may exist and be available on any given day and have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue iLaw, Inc., partially or entirely, or change and modify prices for all or part of the Services in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on our site or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. iLaw, Inc. further reserves the right to withhold, remove and/or discard any content available with or without notice if deemed by iLaw, Inc. to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, iLaw, Inc. has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Members provide when using the Services.
B. Third Parties
C. Disclosure of Member Information
You acknowledge, consent and agree that we may access, preserve, and disclose your registration and any other information you provide if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1)comply with legal process, including but not limited to civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a Member, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of iLaw, Inc., our Members or the public.
D. Connections and Interactions with other Members
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. iLaw, Inc. may, in certain circumstances, prohibit you from contacting other Members through use of the Services or otherwise limit your use of the Services. iLaw, Inc. reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if iLaw, Inc. determines, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce this Agreement.
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND, AS A RESULT, THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Do not rely on iLaw, Inc., any information therein, or its continuation. We provide the platform for iLaw, Inc. and all information and services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not provide any express warranties or representation.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all implied warranties and representations, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and noninfringement. If you are dissatisfied or harmed by iLaw, Inc. or anything related to iLaw, Inc., you may terminate this Agreement in accordance with Section 6 (“Termination”) and such termination shall be your sole and exclusive remedy.
iLaw, Inc. is not responsible, and makes no representations or warranties for the delivery of any messages sent through iLaw, Inc. In addition, we neither warrant nor represent that your use of the Service will not infringe the rights of third parties. Any material, service, or technology described or used on the website may be subject to intellectual property rights owned by third parties who have licensed such material to us, service, or technology.
iLaw, Inc. does not have any obligation to verify the identity of the persons subscribing to its services, nor does it have any obligation to monitor the use of its services by other Members; therefore, iLaw, Inc. disclaims all liability for identity theft or any other misuse of your identity or information.
iLaw, Inc. does not guarantee that the Services it provides will function without interruption or errors in functioning. In particular, the operation of the Services may be interrupted due to maintenance, updates, or system of network failures. iLaw, Inc. disclaims all liability for damages caused by any such interruption or errors in functioning. Furthermore, iLaw, Inc. disclaims all liability for any malfunctioning, impossibility of access, or poor use conditions of the iLaw, Inc. site due to inappropriate equipment disturbances related to internet and email service providers, to the saturation of the internet network, and for any other reason.
A. Mutual Rights of Termination
You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to iLaw, Inc.. This notice will be effective upon iLaw, Inc. processing your notice. iLaw, Inc. may terminate the Agreement for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice.
B. Misuse of the Services
iLaw, Inc. may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any Member who abuses or misuses the Services. Misuse of the Services includes breaching confidentiality, inviting other Members who are not legal professionals to join; abusing the iLaw, Inc. Services; creating multiple or false identities; using the Services commercially without iLaw, Inc.’s authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights, or any other behavior that iLaw, Inc., in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, iLaw, Inc. has adopted a policy of terminating accounts of Members who, in iLaw, Inc.’s sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers under the United States Copyright Act
C. Effect of Termination
Upon the termination of your iLaw, Inc. connection, you lose access to the Services. In addition, iLaw, Inc. may block access to the Services from an IP address or range of IP addresses associated with those of terminated Members. The terms of this Agreement shall survive any termination, except Sections 3 (“Your Rights”) and 4.a-b, and d (“Our Rights and Obligations”) hereof.
7. GENERAL TERMS
A. Entire Agreement
You agree that this Agreement constitutes the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements and understanding, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
B. Amendments to this Agreement
We reserve the right to modify, supplement or replace the terms of the Agreement, effective upon posting at www.ilawinc.com or notifying you otherwise. If you do not want to agree to changes to the Agreement, you can terminate the Agreement at any time per Section 6 (“Termination”).
C. No informal waivers, agreements or representations
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches. Except as expressly and specifically contemplated by the Agreement, no representations, statements, consents, waivers or other acts or omissions by any Israeloff Legal affiliate shall be deemed legally binding on any iLaw, Inc. affiliate, unless documented in a physical writing hand signed by a duly appointed officer of iLaw, Inc.
D. No Injunctive Relief
In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Services or any content or other material used or displayed through the Services
8. iLaw, Inc. MEMBER “DOs AND DON’Ts”
As a condition to using iLaw, you agree to this Member Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
A. DO undertake the following:
1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, confidentiality, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
2. Provide accurate information and update it as necessary;
4. Review and comply with notices sent by iLaw, Inc. concerning the Services; and
5. Use the Services in a professional manner.
B. DON’T undertake the following:
1. Breach confidentiality;
2. Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable contents;
3. Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on iLaw, Inc. (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in this Agreement, or as expressly authorized by iLaw, Inc.;
4. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
5. Add an email address for anyone other than yourself;
6. Utilize information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from iLaw, Inc. to provide any service that is competitive, in iLaw, Inc.’s sole discretion, with iLaw, Inc.;
7. Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by iLaw, Inc. unless you have entered into a written agreement with iLaw, Inc.;
8. Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on iLaw, Inc. or technology underlying the Services of other content, in whole or part;
9. Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to iLaw, Inc. or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
10. Deep-link to the Site for any purpose, (i.e., including a link to an iLaw, Inc. web page other than iLaw, Inc.’s home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by iLaw, Inc..
11. Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
12. Use bots or other automated methods to add or download addresses, send or redirect messages or other permitted activities other than through iLaw, Inc.-sanctioned tools.
13. Access, via automated or manual means or processes, iLaw, Inc. for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality or for any competitive purpose;
14. Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of iLaw, Inc.’s website;
15. Attempt to or actually access iLaw, Inc. by any means other than through the interfaces provided by iLaw, Inc.;
16. Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying iLaw, Inc.;
17. Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications to other Members or iLaw, Inc. personnel, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses;
18. Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on iLaw, Inc., including those of both iLaw, Inc. and any of its licensors;
19. Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included in iLaw, Inc.;
20. Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using iLaw, Inc.;
21. Collect, use or transfer any information, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from iLaw, Inc. except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such
information may expressly permit;
22. Share information of non-Members without their express consent;
23. Interfere with or disrupt iLaw, Inc., including but not limited to any servers or networks connected to iLaw, Inc.;
24. Infringe or use iLaw, Inc.’s brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the words “iLaw” in any business name, email, or URL or including iLaw, Inc.’s trademarks and logos.
25. Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
a. Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations
with a person or entity, past or present;
b. Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
c. Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information
learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
d. Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
e. Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to
(a) using iLaw, Inc. to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you;
f. Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of iLaw, Inc.;
g. Forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; and/or
26. Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople to the purposes of creating a pyramid scheme or other similar practices.